4th of July Decorating with Vintage & Collected Oldies

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Hope everyone had a wonderful, and safe, 4th of July Weekend! 

I was going to title this post, "4th of July Hodge-Podge Decorating.
That probably would be a more accurate description,  ha!
But,  ..."Vintage and Collected Oldies," sounds a little more grandiose, right?

Sunday night, we hosted a 4th of July Cook-out at the lake house
for our church family.


Tucked back in a closet at the lake house sits a box of 
red, white, and blue patriotic decorations, collected over many years. 
This year I combined them with different vintage items,
such as the suitcase above,
and the old wood bread box, that held hotdogs on the food table...


More of the food and dessert tables...





One new thing I added this year was a pallet flag I painted, very easy project!


On the back screened in porch, I replaced a small metal, black table
with the blue painted vintage table,
 and added some festive touches to the space. 


Patriotic print by Ronald Williams,  a Wilmington, NC, artist.






Fireworks for later in the evening. 


Chalkboards are a versatile staple for decorating, aren't they?
My daughter did the writing/artwork for the chalkboard and the suitcase.


Ashley's a crafty girl,
she also painted the Lilly inspired Corn-hole boards her boyfriend built. 
We put them out to entertain our guests.



The metal turtle doorhanger that hangs on the old playhouse door
was dressed with a blue burlap star bow.


It was a pleasure to open our home to our guests!
I hope they all enjoyed themselves!


We rent our home out weekly for most of the summer,
but we reserved this week for us.

Love being on "lake time!"
I have a stack of novels to finish  ;)
...and a few closets to clean out and organize while I'm here.

Will be back soon...
~Rhonda

____________________________________

Sharing Post At:
Ms. Toody Goo Shoes - Yankee Doodle Party





7 comments:

  1. Cutest corn-hole game ever! What a fun place to celebrate and relax!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your patriotic decor in your home....Where is it located, NC?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looked wonderful & so patriotic! Glad you enjoyed the 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhonda, so glad to see posts from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your patriotic decor is the best!....So beautifully and creatively displayed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to paint a flag pallet for my oldest sister. I have the pallet but I was thinking that we would have to take it apart and reconfigure it . . .did you use the pallet just as it was?? Any helpful hints? Love your party decorations - looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Love that church message board with the bible verse.

    ReplyDelete

~Thanks for stopping in, and for letting me know you were here! I enjoy your comments! :) ~

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS