Vintage Doorknob Pumpkins

Sunday, August 23, 2015




It's not quite time for Fall Decorating,
but it's getting close, isn't it?

Fall is my favorite season, 
so I am pretty doggone excited
and doing the happy dance around here!

While collecting ideas for the coming season,
I came across the sweet, super cute idea below,
Knob Pumpkins, posted by StoneGable last year.




I remembered that a had a couple of old metal brown door knob sets,
that never sold when I had my booths.

After I hunted them up,
my vintage door knob pumpkins project was underway,
but with my own creative twist.

I bought a couple of large paper mache pumpkins
at Joann's Fabrics, {using an online coupon, no doubt}, 
which made them around $5.00 each.




Cut the stems off the tops,
careful not to tear or make to hole any larger.




Painted a coat of dark brown craft paint on the pumpkins,
 topped with a coat of Annie Sloan Old White Chalk Paint.

I didn't seal them with wax, since I desired a textured chalky finish.




Several twists of larger gauge gold jewelry wire
around a marker formed a perfect vine piece.




Added a few burlap leaves, and hot-glued them in place along with the vine.




After being secured on top with Super Glue Fix-All Adhesive,
these babies (knobs) aren't going anywhere.




Turned out pretty cute,
if I do say so myself!  :)




In less than a couple of weeks,
these pumpkins and other fall fabulous'ness will descend upon my house!









Are you eagerly awaiting the season, too?
~Rhonda

____________________________________


Sharing Post At:
Dwellings - Amaze Me Monday
Between Naps on the Porch - Met Monday
Coastal Charm - Show and Share
Savvy Southern Style - WOW Us Wednesday
DIY By Design - Sizzle Into Summer
A Delightsome Life - Home & Garden Thursday
From My Front Porch to Yours - Treasure Hunt Thursday
Common Ground - Share Your Style
Rattlebridge Farm - Foodie Friday and Everything Else
AKA Design - Weekend Retreat Link Party


________________________________

Thanks so much for the features, Fellow Bloggers...


AND

18 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! I'm definitely going to give it a try. I'm not so crafty but that looks easy and pretty special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda! Oh, there you go being all crafty and stuff! These are adorable! Love how you made the little curl too! Thanks for popping in to see me and have a great week.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Rhonda! I remember loving Yvonne's pumpkins last year, and I am crazy for pumpkins~ I have a gazillion, glass, ceramic, fabric, burlap...the last thing I need is another one, but yours are very tempting! Love the finishing touches too!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable, and so fun! It's not too early to start the Fall DIY projects. It'll be here before we know it! Thanks for sharing your lovely pumpkins. Blessings~
    Kim @ Curtain Queen Creates

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is just too cute and clever! Yes, yes, yes, bring on cooler fall temps!
    Joanne @ Sea Glass Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea. I especially like the crystal knob. All of them are adorable though. Thank you for sharing. Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are really cute! I love StoneGables too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them...can't wait to find some quirky knobs to place on the fall pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been ready to "do" fall decor for a couple of weeks...but have been holding off. I have done some fall arrangements. Your pumpkins are so so cute! Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice. A great idea. I love fall also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute idea.............I love fall and pumpkins of all kinds,
    These look great, and this was a great idea you had.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are totally sweet and easy enough for me to try!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving, pinning, and sharing! Cute and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rhonda, love it! You are so creative and clever! A new follower, and pinned! Love Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clever idea! These are beautiful and will make a lovely statement for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Like your door knob pumpkins and the finish. If you ever find book binding spirals at thrift shops, or I suppose you could just pull the metal bindings out of any steno tablet or whatever, these also make great vines that are already curled.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a super cute idea for fall. I will be featuring this tonight at my Sizzle into Summer party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

~Thanks for stopping in, and for letting me know you were here! I enjoy your comments! :) ~

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS