Christmas Monogram "Wreath" Project

Wednesday, November 18, 2015



It appears that Santa and his little elves have taken up shop around my home,
particularly on my kitchen counters.

I've been decorating every chance I get, 
and turning out fun Christmas projects!

I've shared two so far,

Knowing that I'd been in search of a wood circle monogram,
my daughter picked up one at Michaels, when they were on sale.

I really didn't have a plan in mind for the mono... 
the project just kept evolving as I went along.

I started by spraypainting it gold.



The gold blended in with the wood, and looked a little bland.
So I decided to add stripes... black.

Not your typical Christmas color,
 but the "wreath" would coordinate with the lamp and black shade on the foyer table,
 where it would be hung.



A coat of satin black...



Another spontaneous step, added a little sparkle to the gold stripes!



Found a pretty sprig of faux berries and leaves at Lowe's.
Disassembled it, and glued it in place on the mono.

Have ya'll seen the Christmas selections at Lowe's this year... pretty cute!



The no-plan-in-mind Christmas Monogram "Wreath" Project came together well,
if I do say so myself!   :)



The mono wreath fills in the empty space above the Christmas vignette on the table.





See your name on Santa's list???



I adore this Santa.
He strongly resembles my step-father-in-law.





How are your decorations coming along?
I'm wrapping mine up today!
...except for the outside.
We're in a season divided house, Christmas inside, Fall out.
But that's a worry for another day!  :)
~Rhonda

__________________________

Sharing Post At:
Harmony and Happiness - The Alder Collective
The Essence of Home - Share Your Style
From My Front Porch To Yours - Treasure Hunt Thursday
The Charm of Home - Home Sweet Home
Rattlebridge Farm - Foodie Friday and Everything Else
AKA Design - Weekend Retreat Party
A Burst of Beautiful - Create, Share, Inspire Link Party
How Sweet The Sound - Anything Goes Pink Saturday
Ms. Toody Goo Shoes - Best of the Weekend
Sadie Season Goods - Snickerdoodle Sunday
Between Naps on the Porch - Met Monday

_______________________


Thanks for the feature, Beverly @ Across The Blvd
& Joanita @ Creative Crochet Workshop
Featured Button Snickerdoodle Sunday Across the Blvd

9 comments:

  1. No Christmas decorating here just yet but you sure are inspiring me. Your monogram is beautiful and the finished product looks like something from an expensive boutique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda, haven't started my Christmas decorating, yet! What a great idea the monogram over your table is! Love the gold and black and it works perfectly with your vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally fabulous Rhonda!! It looks stunning in your entry! I want to run out and get one right now! That's kinda the way I roll too, just start in without much of a plan and see what happens :)
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! How creative that was to add the stripes. See, me, I would have thrown it into the back of the closet once the color didn't go as planned and not even thought of adding stripes or glitter. That is why my craft projects never go well....LOL Wonderful piece and yes, you did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a mirror! I'm currently thinking of ordering one for myself from here. I hope it'll look as good as yours)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a nice project. I like that you used stripes on the monogram. It adds alot of visual interest. I also love the color combination of black and cream/gold. Very sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful project so elegantly displayed. I love it! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Snickerdoodle Sunday!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing this awesome project!
    Congratulations! You are one of my features :)
    Joanita @ Snickerdoodle Sunday
    Ps: I LOVE your santa :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous. Your monogram wreath is one of my features at Snickerdoodle Sunday this week. Thanks so much for sharing with us! Pinned and Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete

~Thanks for stopping in, and for letting me know you were here! I enjoy your comments! :) ~

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS