I Will Marry You Cookies - Holiday Recipe Blog Hop

Wednesday, November 16, 2016



I'm thrilled to be participating in The Holiday Recipe Blog Hop, hosted by the lovely and talented Carol, of Blue Sky Kitchen.  If you follow Carol's blog, you'll know she's always cooking up something delicious!  And what better time for an assembly of bloggers to come together and share favorite recipes... just in time for the holidays!



The recipe I'm sharing today, I Want To Marry You Cookies, is a new one to my collection!  Let me tell a little about how I came to find it!



In my last post, I shared how I was a contestant in a local cooking contest just a few weeks ago, The NC Pecan Harvest Festival Cooking Contest.



The main criteria of the contest was that each recipe had to include at least one cup of pecans.   For months I poured over Pinterest and other recipe sites, looking for a pecan based recipe I thought would wow the judges' tastebuds!  And then I came across the I Will Marry You Cookies, on The Cafe Sucre Farine Blog.   When I read the ingredients included toasted pecans and cinnamon, I was hooked!  They give the cookies a decadent, deep, rich flavor!



Maybe it's the blogger in me, but I love anything with a good story behind it! {A not so old} legend has it, these cookies are so irresistibly good, they're a "surefire way to get someone to fall in love with you."  The marriage proposals are certain to start pouring in.  And I say, if you're already married, share them with the one you love... just maybe they'll love you even more!  ;)

As I dug a little deeper, I found the cookies were originally The 2012 Top Recipe of The Cooking Channel, by Melissa Straddler, of Modern Honey Blog.



And what makes the utterly delicious I Want To Marry You Cookies so perfect for the upcoming holidays?  Maybe it's the mistletoe, sparkling lights, or spiked eggnog, but December is the most popular month for couples getting engaged.   





So how did I do in the contest... The suspense is killing you, right!
Very excited that I placed 2nd in the Dessert Category!  



The recipes were judged not only on flavor, but display as well.  I was also awarded Adult Best Presentation Overall.  ...And did I mention the prizes were cash!



A gorgeous German Chocolate Pecan Pie took first, and also won Adult Best Use Of Pecans Overall. Tough competition, don't you think?






A big thanks to Carol for hosting the blog hop!
Be sure to check out the other wonderful recipes...

HOLIDAY RECIPE BLOG HOP NOVEMBER 14 ~ 18

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday


Thanks for stopping by to visit!
Happy Holidays to you all!

____________________

Sharing Post At:
The Charm of Home - Home Sweet Home
Chic on A Shoestring - Flaunt It Friday
Rustic & Refined - Dishing It and Digging It
The Dedicated House - Make It Pretty Monday

22 comments:

  1. How much fun Rhonda, and congratulations! I bet that was some stiff competition as Southerners are pretty proud of their pecan recipes! What a cute story, these cookies must be great if they have a reputation like this! Your presentation, right down to the scrabble tiles is blue ribbon worthy! Thanks for sharing and it is fun to be hopping with you this week :)
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda, what a wonderful story of the cookies and a wonderful story of your win at the cooking contest. Congratulations! I love the recipe for these cookies. Can't wait to try it during the holidays. Thanks so much for sharing on the Holiday Recipe Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhonda, congratulations on your win at the pecan recipe contest. I love a good cookie recipe, and these look delicious! Thanks so much for sharing, and I hope that you have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice recipe and cute cookies ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely going to make these! Of course, you won the best display and I can't even imagine how tough the competition was. You are a woman with many skills!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute story!! Congratulations, it must be so fun to be part of a cooking competition! Happy Holidays, Rhonda! xo, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh Rhonda, the cookies look and sound delicious! Congratulations on winning in the competition. I can't wait to try the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great story and I am surly going to try these for the holidays. They look so scrumptious! Congrats on your win and thanks for sharing this recipe. Enjoy the rest of the week in our blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your win, Rhonda! The cookies look divine--pinned! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Congrats! What a cute recipe card. :) I am a cookie monster and am stacking up a list of Christmas cookie recipes that I'm baking for gifts this year. This just got added to the list! Thanks for sharing your prized cookie recipe. Great story! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! What a beautiful display and great story!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband will probably renew our vows after I bake this cookie! Thank you so much. It has everything in it he loves, oats, white and semi-sweet chocolate chips and pecans!! Congratulations on your second place win!!

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so happy for you and your win! Love the research behind these scrumptious cookies and they fit in perfectly on my Christmas Cookie Swap Pinterest Board!
    I am loving this Holiday blog hop:)
    Happy Baking,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, sweet Lord! These look and sound so good! They definitely would not last long in my family! We have a slightly obsessive love for pecans. Congrats on your win! You star you! Happy Fall! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rhonda, I had seen your IG so I knew you won cash, how great is that!!! Love the back story...and I will be making these during the holidays! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Congratulations! I love pecans and these sound amazing, and you have proven they are a winner! I am having so much fun seeing all the recipes in this blog hop and adding so many of these to my pinterest boards!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rhonda, I'm like you--I love a good story to go with my dishes! And anything with pecans is a sure fire way to get my attention. :o) Living in Texas, they are plentiful here. Lucky me! Now I will have to grab some of my stash to make these beautiful cookies! Thanks for participating in the Blog Hop. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations!! Those cookies look delicious and I know you are so excited about winning 2nd place! And I love the name of them...so very cool! I love all the recipes that have been shared! Love and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love a good story as well and yours is darling. These cookies look fabulous. Your display really is a winner.
    So glad I found you through this hop. It's great to meet new blogging friends.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi and WOW Rhonda this cookies look and sound so delicious!! Thanks for the recipe to make them.
    I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Hugs, Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on your win! The cookies look like award winning ones.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome! Rhonda, I am a sucker for pecans! Thanks for the recipe! Pinning for later! Thanks so much for sharing and linking up at Dishing It & Digging It! Can't wait to see more of your creativity next week! :)

    ReplyDelete

~Thanks for stopping in, and for letting me know you were here! I enjoy your comments! :) ~

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS