Countdown To Easter

Friday, March 25, 2016



The calendar reads "Good Friday," today...
Easter will soon follow in just a few days!

My parents have an old farm/garden/hardware type business,
and 15-20 years ago, Good Friday was always the busiest day of the year for us,
...insanely so!  

For the older folks, it signaled the day to start planting!




This bright, cheerful vignette is one I threw together a couple of days ago.

My junkin' buddy, Julia, and I went thriftin' last Friday
 around the southern end of Brunswick County.
For those of you not familiar with North Carolina, we were just beyond the state line 
to Myrtle Beach.

I found the beautiful blue and white lamp, shade included,
 at our first stop for $11.00!
I simply adore navy blue and white pieces!

The enamel, floral print MacKenzie Childs plate was picked up at our second
stop, for only $3.50!  Was that a steal or what?






The green rabbit has been in my stash for twenty years or better.
It came from Big Lots, and still has the price tag of $5.99 on the bottom.
...that shows just how old it is! ha!









The guest bath received a little Easter cheer, too.






Did you know that 89% of people eating chocolate rabbits
start at the ears?
Just thought I'd throw that in there, in case you ever wanted to know!  :)









Moving right along...



Stuck a few moss bunnies in the Bromeliad by the back door,
to greet our guests.



I also have a slightly fanatical fondness for white milk glass.
I've been collecting it for many years,
 and try to be more selective... storage can be a serious issue.

I found the cute little basket last Friday at Miss Minnie's in Shallotte,
while Julia and I were on our hunt.
The dogwood pattern was so unique, I couldn't pass it up!

I've heard good things about this shop, and it didn't disappoint.
The prices were very reasonable, and the interesting vintage inventory displayed well!



Mr. and Mrs. Cottontail sit in the kitchen windowsill.






The sweet little lamp was a 50 cent find at a yard sale awhile back.



The child's old rabbit pull toy is perfect for holding Easter treats.
Picked this up from a fellow vendor at Carolina Country Peddlers Mall a couple of years ago.






Now that the decorating is complete,
I'm busy making last minute preparations for Easter activities for my
Preschool Sunday School Class, and lunch, on Sunday.

Heading to the grocery store in a few minutes, hopefully I'll beat the rush!
I did find the cute bunny shaped butter at Walmart last week.
Thought I better grab it before they were gone.  Pretty cute, huh?





Hope you all have a blessed and Happy Easter!  :)
"It's Friday, ... but Sunday's a coming!"
~Rhonda



______________________


Sharing Post At:
Miss Toody Goo Shoes - Best of the Weekend
Chic on a Shoestring - Flaunt it Friday
How Sweet The Sound - Anything Goes Pink Saturday
The Dedicated House - Anything Blue Friday
Dwellings - Amaze Me Monday
Between Naps on the Porch - Met Monday
Julies's Lifestyle - Cooking and Crafting with J&J
Coastal Charm - Show and Share
Cozy Little House - Tweak It Tuesday 
StoneGable - The Scoop
Our Home Away From Home - Tuesdays at Our Home
Savvy Southern Style - WOW Us Wednesday
DIY By Design -Swing Into Spring
Sadie Seasongoods - Talk of the Town


10 comments:

  1. Such sweet vignettes, Rhonda! Your milk glass pieces look like the perfect vessels for Easter sweets and pretty eggs.

    Happy Easter!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Easter decor is lovely, Rhonda. I love all of those precious bunnies and the cute lamb. That tray on the wall is something I'm drooling over. I love painted trays like that. God bless you, and have a wonderful Easter. Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness, you STOLE that lamp girl! I am thinking it is a Ralph Lauren one! Love the whole vignette. The old pull toy is adorable too. I have a similiar lamb, wish I could find a cement looking one.Wishing you a very happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm an ear nibbler too, when it comes to the chocolate bunnies! Love your pretties and hope you have a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhonda, love all the vignettes! The lamp was a steal...and I love all the bunnies and milk glass! Wishing you a joyous Easter! Pam @ Everyday Living!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter! I love your finds but I have to say that Green Rabbit is my favorite! What a fabulous piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love your lovely decor and wish you a Happy Easter! I hope you can join our link party on Monday called Cooking and Crafting with J & J at Julie's Lifestyle because I have a surprise for you! :0) Thanks and enjoy the weekend.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. A treasure trove of Easter goodies! My favorite is that sweet lamb!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad to have you here at our Monday Cooking and Crafting with J & J to share this wonderful post with us. Have a wonderful end of the week and we hope to see you again.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow...everything looks so cute!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete

~Thanks for stopping in, and for letting me know you were here! I enjoy your comments! :) ~

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS