Transitioning Into Fall - Mantel 2015

Sunday, September 13, 2015



"At last..."

Bet you're thinking I'm gonna break out with my best Etta James impersonation, right?

Nope...
but I am so happy I could sing!
Because at last...
it finally feels a little fall'ish here in coastal Carolina...
 and the sun is shining after a dreary, but hot, humid week!

Saturday morning I worked on my mantel, transitioning it over to fall!

Below, are a few "before" pictures...





And here we have the mantel ready for fall...

I kept it simple, just exchanging and swapping out a few things,
such as the grapevine pumpkin for the pearl rock orb in the white urn.










The picture of my daughter was part of her High School Senior Portrait Collection, 
and has graced our mantel for about five years.
The smaller photo is one of my son when he was younger.

I don't have the heart to move them,
nor would I want to,
so I decorate around them for each season and holiday!




The pumpkin and acorns in the apothecary jar
were new finds this year at Big Lots.




As much as I love fall, and the rich beautiful colors it produces,
when using them in my home, I often tire of orange after a few weeks.

This year I decorated for fall in more subtle, muted tones 
that will better compliment my existing home decor/colors,
and hopefully be more pleasing to my senses.

I do have a few touches of orange, just not nearly as many as I have in the past.








How's the weather in your area?
Has fall descended, or are you still awaiting it's arrival?

I'm ecstatic to finally feel it in the air! :)

Hope you all have a wonderful week!
~Rhonda


__________________________________

Linking Post To:
Our Southern Home - Inspiration Monday
Nifty Thrifty Things - Nifty Thrifty Sunday
Dwellings - Amaze Me Monday
Between Naps on the Porch - Met Monday
Coastal Charm - Show and Share
Our Home Away From Home - Tuesdays at Our Home
The Dedicated House - Make it Pretty Monday
Savvy Southern Style - WOW Us Wednesday
DIY By Design - Fall Into Fall
A Delightsome Life - Home & Garden Thursday
Common Ground - Share Your Style
From My Front Porch To Yours - Treasure Hunt Thursday
The Charm of Home - Home Sweet Home
Rattlebridge Farm - Foodie Friday & Everything Else

_________________________________



Thanks for the feature!  :)

Our Home Away From Home


12 comments:

  1. Great transition from Summer to Fall! I love that you keep the pictures of your children on the mantel year round. It makes the whole display so much more personal. Beautiful mantel, Rhonda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I agree that your mantel is perfect for transition. You achieved a pretty fall look with colors that fit your home. Your daughter is so pretty.

    By the way, still hot tamale weather here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A truly beautiful mantle!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just the right transition. I usually do my orange's and bright color's outside on the porch, inside I'm earthy tone's so it carrie's through to Thanksgiving . Beautiful mantel. 55 degree's this morning in Ohio , 80's this week. Have a wonderful day , TT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your mantel looks so lovely, Rhonda. I wouldn't change out those photos either....your daughter is beautiful.

    In case I cannot say it through email, thank you so much for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Fall transition mantel....and I love the beautiful photographs on the mantel..I am sure every time you look at the mantel, you must feel such joy and cannot help but smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your fall colors Rhonda, and the fact that you decorate around your beloved photos. Your children are beautiful. Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rhonda, your mantel is lovely. I love the softness of it and the calm feeling. Your daughter is very pretty.

    Still too hot here, yikes!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful mantel...and children! I love the subtle touches of fall. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really pretty Rhoda! I love the idea of incorporating the black and white photos in your mantel display. Thank you for sharing.
    XO Barbara

    ReplyDelete

~Thanks for stopping in, and for letting me know you were here! I enjoy your comments! :) ~

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS