Ms. Camela Christmas - 60's Inspired Decorated Dress Form

Monday, November 16, 2015


Meet Ms. Camela Christmas...



Her beautiful counterparts have been popping up all over
 Pinterest and Blogland in the last week.
 I just {heart} them all!

I set out to create my own version, by first borrowing my daughter's dress form.
Everything else needed, we also had on hand,
...love projects that do not require any new purchases!
How about you?



Envisioning a cute little pencil skirt,
 instead of a fuller one like I've seen on many,
I thought garlands would work well.

I've not used these in years, but am so glad I held onto them!
Down from the attic they were retrieved...



The fur stole was a Christmas gift from Mr. Ramblings
 to my daughter, Ashley, several years ago. 
 She's a classic fashionista. When we ran across it at an antique mall
in Tryon, NC, Old Mill Market Square,
 he couldn't resist buying it for her. She keeps it on the form year around.
{Old Mill Market Square is one of our favs.}

It was the inspiration behind the 60's vibe direction of the project.



Ironically, the monogram of the original owner is almost identical to mine.



After gathering necklaces, vintage rhinestone jewelry,
and ribbon from our stash, the project was underway.


For the "skirt,"
I had one strand of garland that was significantly less full.
It served as the "base" piece, wrapped tightly around the form,
which laid perfectly just under the bottom of the jacket.
I simply wrapped the garlands (more loosely than the first),
 around the form, and every 4" or so,
twisted a branch to one from the row above it to secure it.

I used two strands of the thicker garland, afraid that more
would've been too heavy and caused them to sag, or come loose.


.






Are you the least bit curious how I came about choosing her name?

As I mentioned, the vintage stole set the tone for a 1960's tailored creation.
When pondering a name,
 I wanted one to emulate an iconic fashion forward lady of the 60's.

I considered Merry Monroe, after Marilyn Monroe,
or Jingle O, for Jackie Kennedy Onassis.

Mr. Ramblings suggested Camelot Christmas for Jackie O.,
and so it was... Camela Christmas she became.





Thanks for stopping in for a visit!
I hope you'll join me Wednesday, for another fun and simple Christmas project!
~Rhonda  :)


_____________________

Sharing Post At:
Between Naps on the Porch - Met Monday
Coastal Charm - Show and Share
Cozy Little House - Tweak it Tuesday
Our Home Away From Home - Tuesday at Our Home
StoneGable - The Scoop
The Dedicated House - Make It Pretty Monday
Harmony and Happiness - The Alder Collective
The Essence of Home - Share Your Style
From My Front Porch To Yours - Treasure Hunt Thursday
The Charm of Home - Home Sweet Home
Rattlebridge Farm - Foodie Friday and Everything Else
AKA Design - Weekend Retreat Party
A Burst of Beautiful - Create, Share, Inspire Link Party
How Sweet The Sound - Anything Goes Pink Saturday
Ms. Toody Goo Shoes - Best of the Weekend
Sadie Season Goods - Snickerdoodle Sunday

_____________________

Thanks for the feature, Kathryn @ The Dedicated House
The Dedicated House

15 comments:

  1. Hi Rhonda! OH, honey, you're just amazing! Miss Camela Christmas is adorable! You are so very creative. I've seen these on Pinterest but yours is the cutest one ever! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda, this is just so cute....inspiring!

    I have a dress form in my studio......wow, the possibilities! Ha.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Rhonda, this is too adorable!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Miss Camela Christmas is so glamourous and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just adorable, wrapped in precious and topped with darling! I'm pinning it immediately to my, "Christmas in the South" Pinterest board!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a darling glamorous idea. Right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love reading your blog, friend. I am always amazed at the creativity and it's so inspiring. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous! Where did you get the black and white ribbon with the holly? I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She absolutely beautiful, wish she was visiting me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love your dressed to the High mannequin
    I think this is such a cute idea for the Christmas season

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well that is fabulous!! I will feature it this week at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rhonda, she is so elegant and amazing! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the fan favorites at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/11/the-sunday-showcase-from-make-it-pretty_29.html Hope to see you again tomorrow at the party! Happy week to you! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! I would've never thought to do something like this! Thanks so much for sharing and for linking up with The Alder Collective. Hope you'll join us again this week!

    ReplyDelete

~Thanks for stopping in, and for letting me know you were here! I enjoy your comments! :) ~

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS