Nautical Tablescape With A Hint Of Fall

Thursday, September 15, 2016



Do you ever buy a fabulous something on sale,
put it away to use another day... and then forget about it?

Once for Christmas, I bought my daughter the cutest little porcelain dolls.
I hid them (for Santa), and it took me three years to find them.
Seriously, ...I wish I were kidding!

Last spring, I found the pretty gold fish candlesticks, below,
on clearance.  I got them thinking they would be perfect for a nautical tablescape.

How disappointing when they turned up a couple of weeks ago... as the summer 
was drawing to an end.



But not to be deterred,
I put together a table setting to nod farewell to summer, and welcome fall...
a "Nautical Tablescape With A Hint Of Fall."

To bridge the two seasons,
a dollar tree pumpkin was given a nautical twist, with paint and a seashell.







The table was set on the upper deck of the lake house,
with a view of the peaceful, tea-colored water below.



The lantern has been a staple for all seasons,
since I bought it last fall...

A Versatile Lantern For The Seasons
...A Versatile Lantern For The Seasons Valentines Edition
Lantern Decorated For Easter






















 I am so ready to welcome my favorite season, fall,
...only 6 more days before it officially arrives!
Sure wish the heat and humidity would magically disappear on that day!
A girl (with non-humidity tolerant hair) can dream, right?  ;)

Thanks for visiting, ya'll!


_____________________

Linking Up To:
Poofing The Pillows - Thoughts of Home
McCall Manor - Your Inspired Design 
My Thrift Store Addiction - Vintage Charm
Between Naps on The Porch - Tablescape Thursday
Rattlebridge Farm - Foodie Friday & Everything Else
The Blue Willow House - Snickerdoodle
Julie's Lifestyle - Cooking and Crafting With J&J
Between Naps on The Porch - Met Monday
The Dedicated House - Make It Pretty Monday
The Charm of Home - Home Sweet Home

12 comments:

  1. What a lovely tablescape! I love your sweet little beauty pumpkin. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I used those same dollar tree pumpkins for a project and used spray paint... they look diseased! You nailed it with the chalk paint! Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love this Rhonda, the tablecloth is fabulous, and your shell & twine pumpkin is just perfect for bringing fall into your nautical setting! The fish candlesticks are very fun, glad you found them- It's not fall on the coast yet, still in the 90s!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your ideas for a Nautical Fall Table and the tablecloth that brings it all together is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhonda, I love this combination! You are the Tablescape Queen ~ thank you for sharing @Vintage Charm! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, you never rest. Do you? I can't wait until my house is sold so I can break out the creativity again like you do all the time! I love seeing what you've been up to.

    Happy Thoughts of Home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice styling! I love the nautical theme ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The nautical tablescape with fall touches looks great. I like the idea of easing into fall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very creative tablescapes. I've hidden presents before too. I know the feeling. Thanks for sharing at Your Inspired Design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Rhonda, happy fall! I love your nautical fall table setting. It's just perfect with the candle sticks. The gold and white combo is really pretty.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

~Thanks for stopping in, and for letting me know you were here! I enjoy your comments! :) ~

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS