Saturday Morning Adventurehood of the Traveling Basket - A Fall Arrangement

Sunday, August 30, 2015



I love this basket,
 ...we've been together for a long time!
Very versatile, it's perfect to fill with seasonals!

Saturday morning, we went for a little ride in my old Surburban
 to the local Farmers Market.

Following a lead from earlier in the week,
I set out in search of a small pumpkin and some gourds.
The basket stayed stashed in the car, just along for the ride so I
could make sure I got enough pieces to put together an arrangement in it.




Mr. Fipps, below, of Higher Ground Gardens,
...just the man I was looking for,
 had a good selection of small pumpkins and gourds to choose from!

But...
Before I share what I bought from him,
and the arrangement I put together,
I'll give you a quick tour of the Farmer's Market....



Not only is there a wide variety of fresh locally grown produce offered,
{a majority organic},
but also vendors selling local honey, jams, jellies, crafts,
and homecrafted beeswax soaps. 







I bought a lemon scented kitchen soap
and a bar of the honey oatmeal.

After a recent bout with poison ivy, oatmeal has been a great friend,
but the bar I got from this vendor sure smells much nicer than the drug store brands!

...and they were packaged in the cutest little bag!



Another vendor specialized in home baked wheat bread.
Couldn't leave without a loaf!



Most every Tuesday,
a friend and I meet for lunch at Byrdville Farms Restaurant downtown.

On Saturdays, the two sisters, owners of the restaurant, set up at the market.









I have a weekly standing order at Byrdville Farms Restaurant,
a pimento cheese and bacon sandwich toasted on wheat, and a side salad.
{I'm a creature of habit, what can I say.}

After raving about the pimento cheese for so long to my husband,
I bought home a package to share with him.



When I got home, I carved the wheat loaf...




...and toasted a sandwich for lunch. 
Oh my, it was such a treat!



While I was working on my sandwich,
the pumpkins and gourds I purchased were soaking in clorox water,
hopefully to prevent rot.

Once dried, I filled the basket...

















I may have been a tad hasty :),
but I've vowed to hold off on the rest of my fall decorating until after September 1st!

How about you?  ...have you begun?
~Rhonda

_______________________________________


Linking Post To:
Dwellings - Amaze Me Monday
Our Southern Home - Inspiration Monday
Between Naps on the Porch - Met Monday
Coastal Charm - Show and Share
Cozy Little House - Tweak It Tuesday
StoneGable - The Scoop
A Stroll Thru Life - Inspire Me Tuesday
Savvy Southern Style - WOW Us Wednesday
My Journey Back - Fabulous Fall Linky Party
A Delightsome Life - Home & Garden Thursday
Common Ground & Essence of Home - Share Your Style
From My Front Porch to Yours - Treasure Hunt Thursday
The Charm of Home - Home Sweet Home

13 comments:

  1. A good basket is a treasure! What a gorgeous display. Don't you love a good farmer's market?

    Happy new week to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda! Love it, the basket is lovely and I love a farmer's market too! Hope you're weekend was good.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhonda,
    I am quite smitten with the subtle hues of Autumn in your gorgeous basket, dear friend!!!
    Thank you for sharing and inspiring!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pumpkins are perfect in the basket. Haven't started here because it was 98 degrees yesterday. I can feel little tinges of fall in the air though...the mornings are cooler.

    I made your Peach Pound Cake on Friday!! We had company this weekend and it was quite a hit! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rhonda! So much deliciousness in this post. Isn't this time of year fabulous? I love your traveling basket and it looks so cute all ready for fall. Have a great week. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. That market looks fabulous! I have read about soaking pumpkins in clorox water, does it really work? I can't wait to buy a carload full, your basket looks great!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful market to shop in! I would be so tempted by all the goods. Your autumn vignette is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a pretty idea. Why wait til Fall? It looks good as an end-of-summer basket too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That pretty basket & the pumpkins make a wonderful centerpiece for your table! I love going to the Farmer's Market too...and yes, I have begun Fall decorating. (I just couldn't wait!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love baskets like yours that look great with everything in them! I am holding off decorating for Fall till October 1st! I haven't even seen any pumpkins in my area yet. The weather man is calling for unseasonably high temps for the first half of September....more summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rhonda, the basket filled with the gorgeous fall arrangement is a treat for the eyes. I love the beautiful fall colors.

    Your sandwich does indeed look yummy!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Rhonda I love your basket. It's a Fabulous arrangement. I love visiting the farmers market. I'd love you to share your wonderful post at The Fabulous Fall linky party. I'm sure my circle of friends would love to see it.
    BTW I am following you on Pinterest. Come over and party with me. It's simple you can link any Fall themed post from now till Halloween. Any day any time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved going on your trip to the market... That bread looks delicious. And of course, I love those pumpkins in the basket! I didn't know soaking them in a Clorox mix prevents rot... I'll have to do that this year!

    ReplyDelete

~Thanks for stopping in, and for letting me know you were here! I enjoy your comments! :) ~

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS