Thanksgiving Vignette To Welcome Guests

Friday, November 11, 2016



I don't know about y'all, but this year has really flown by!  Seems like we just celebrated Thanksgiving and Christmas, and here it is time to do it all again!  

I've updated my home with a few touches to welcome my guests on Turkey Day, as we fellowship, break bread together, and give thanks for all our many blessings!   I'm thrilled to be sharing in The Thoughts of Home Stunning Thanksgiving Vignettes!  A list of the participants can be found {here}, and at the bottom of the post.   The talent, creativity, and beauty shared this week by the others has been wonderful!  And to the lovely hostesses, Laura, Stacey, Jemma, and today's leader of the tours, Laura, thanks so much for hosting!  These ladies are not only very talented, but always kind and encouraging!





The silver turkey planter, a second-hand find, has been spending Thanksgiving with us for more years than I can remember.  Combining the shiny turkey with a worn, rustic USMC box filled with ornamental cabbage and kale, gives the vignette a relaxed, homey feel!





Vintage scrabble tiles declare our THANKFULness!

{oops, ...after accidentally knocking the tiles down, must have lost the "F" ;) }







The vintage cobblers molds, tucked in the arrangement, were a favorite find at The 301 Endless Yard Sale, last June.











A "be grateful" pillow added to a chair in the living room...







...and a "Give Thanks" sign displayed in the kitchen, complete my Thanksgiving decor.





Be sure to visit the other bloggers that shared their beautiful, inspiring Thanksgiving vignettes this week!  ...and as always, I'm very thankful for each of you that take the time to stop by and read RSG! 

Monday – November 7th
Tuesday – November 8th
Wednesday – November 9th
Thursday – November 10th
Everyone is invited to join the Thoughts of Home on Thursday Thanksgiving Edition Linky Party.
Friday – November 11th

____________________

Sharing Post At:
Ms. Toody Goo Shoes - Best of The Weekend
Rustic & Refined - Dishing It and Digging It
Between Naps on The Porch - Met Monday
Celebrate & Decorate - Celebrate Your Story
The Dedicated House - Make It Pretty Monday
My Thrift Store Addiction - Vintage Charm
McCall Manor - Your Inspired Design
The Charm of Home - Home Sweet Home
Chic on A Shoestring - Flaunt It Friday
Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesday

20 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous and I knew it would be! The cobblers shoes tucked in with the cabbage are darling! What a way to welcome your guests.

    Thank you for joining us this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda- You've got the touch- as we say in our family.
    I have known that though from the first day I visited your blog:)
    I love your entry and your pewter turkey.
    Thank you so much for joining us at our Thanksgiving tour and for being part of the day I am hosting.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful vignette Rhonda, I love how mixed in the greenery with your beautiful treasures. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rhonda I could not be more "THANKUL" for such a delightful post. You not only brought a smile to my heart but your vignettes are simply stunning! I adore the turkey planter. What a find. Your ornamental kale in the USMC box is a perfect pairing for Veterans Day. Then of course there is the SQUIRREL! Thank you so very much for joining the Thoughts of Home tour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhonda, you always have the most unique things and style them in unexpected ways for such visual fun! Love the scrabble tiles especially and the shoe molds poking out of the cabbages! The turkey planter with the bright arrangement brings a smile and a warm welcome to your entry- I guess the countdown has begun to another holiday season!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning. I love how you mix beautiful treasures together for unique and gorgeous vignettes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty! I love the bright arrangement inside the turkey planter🐔🐔🐔
    So unique and fun!
    Rebeca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful! I love the silver turkey with the rustic box!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the lamp,, that black shade is swoon worthy. The hints of gold! Very stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your rustic box filled with cabbages, antlers and vintage shoe molds. The silver turkey with fall flowers sets the box off and the tiles,'thankful' sum up your theme. Everything fresh and organic makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful welcome for Thanksgiving, Rhonda, I love the box filled with cabbages and the shoe molds...so creative and the scrabble " thankful". Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rhonda,
    I have always wanted to incorporate cabbages into a Fall vignette and you have forged the way for me. Your eye for creative and inspiring beauty never disappoints.
    Love the lamp and cornucopia too!
    It was a joy to have you join us, thank you ever so much.
    Wishing you a beautiful and blessed Thanksgiving.
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful thanksgiving vignette Rhonda. The cabbages are a great way of bringing in natural elements. The pewter turkey is stunning. A lovely Thanksgiving table to welcome in your guests. My name is missing on Fridays link-up. I would love if you added it, along with my link.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That silver turkey planter is awesome, it gives that touch of sparkle to the rustic vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Rhonda, wow that box with the cabbages looks so beautiful and perfect for fall and Thanksgiving! I hope you have a wonderful week and a Happy Thanksgiving next week.
    Hugs, Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Black lamp shade and leopard chair. Love love. Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful, and unique, Rhonda! Just letting you know that I will be featuring your vignette at Best of the Weekend tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything is beautiful and the silver turkey planter is very different. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rhonda, I just adore that metallic turkey next to the rustic crate and it's beautiful filled with cabbage! Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm--pinned!

    ReplyDelete

~Thanks for stopping in, and for letting me know you were here! I enjoy your comments! :) ~

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS