Pumpkin Pastiche

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

So, when exactly does Pumpkin Season end???
With Halloween; or does it carry on until Thanksgiving?

Christmas decorations are emerging in stores at the speed of lightning; it's hard to make that call, right?

Nevertheless, I'm still enjoying my favorite season of the Great Pumpkin.



For a simple, super moist and delicious Pumpkin Cake,
try this recipe....
You won't be disappointed!


Pumpkin Spice Walnut Bundt

1 box yellow cake mix
1 (3.4 oz) pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (15/16 oz) can of pumpkin
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup walnuts
3 eggs
2 tsp pumpkin spice


Heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour bundt pan. Combine all ingredients but walnuts. Mix well. Stir in walnuts. Pour into pan. Bake 45-55 minutes.

Great tip: Shake pan when you pull it out of the oven.

Dust with powdered sugar, or top with Pumpkin Spice Glaze.


Pumpkin Glaze

2 cups confectioner sugar
1 tbs butter, softened
1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
2-4 tbs milk

Mix together, adding milk slowly.
Drizzle over cooled cake.




I prefer dusting the cake with powdered sugar instead of the glaze.
~enjoy!





I've never seen the varieties and rainbow of colors displayed in pumpkins, as I have this year.
Below, are some shots I captured at the Farmer's Market, in Columbia, SC.
My mom and I stopped on our way home from the Country Living Fair a couple of weeks ago.

12 comments:

  1. The cake looks delish and so easy...off the top of my head I have everything to make it except the yellow cake mix. Will be getting one of those tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love anything pumpkin so WILL make this!!!! Thanks so much for the recipe! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to give this a try Rhonda. It looks delicious!

    The pumpkin photos and John Deere are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhonda:

    The recipe sounds great and so easy. I love these types of cake with coffee....so delicious! Your photos are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummmmm....I am gonna make this just as soon as I can get to the store for ingredients...sounds FABULOUS.

    Aren't all the pumpkins so stinkin' cute this year!! So many different kinds...love 'em...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love pumpkin cake or bread or anything with pumpkin in it. I will have to give this one a try....looks delicious!
    Marianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you ever made this cake in a regular pan? I don't have a bundt cake pan but it looks like something my family would love. Some of your recipes are our favorites! Have you ever frozen you lemon bars so you could make them like a week or two ahead of time? I'm planning on making them for Travis' homecoming brunch and just wondered. I don't want to be cooking all day the day before! I bought some lemon pie filling so people could put some on the top if they wanted and I'll let you know what the consensus is on that after it's over!

    Love all the pumpkins! Having an Oct. bday I tend to love all things fall and pumpkin!

    I actually think Christmas is coming early at our house. When we ask Savannah what happens at Christmas she gets all excited and says, "Travie comes home!" She totally gets the idea of Santa though so as it gets closer I think Travis will take a backseat in her eyes, lol! I love this age so much. She makes me smile every time I see here. Bailee is a cute girl too but is into the terrible twos a little bit and Navie is still a baby and can't let me know what she's thinking, but that will come! Thanks for always being so kind about them. They are my pride and joy. ]

    What will I ever blog about once Trav comes home? I'm so boring otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rhonda! Oh, that pumpkin cake looks so good - I love anything with pumpkin in it. The glass cake stand it's on is gorgeous!
    Look at all those lovely pumpkins! ;)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rhonda, I'm convinced that pumpkin season lasts through Thanksgiving and THEN the Christmas decorations go up. That's how it should be. And I love your recipe AND those pictures of the pumpkins. So neat.

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pumpkin season definitely goes through Thanksgiving. Your cake looks divine and I love your pretty glass stand.

    The pumpkin and gourd varieties at the market are incredible. I never got out to buy anything unique this year. It would be hard to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rhonda and thank you SO much for posting a shot of my booth at Country Living Fair South and your kind comments! I appreciate your purchase of the wire basket!! I have totally enjoyed perusing your cool blog---what fabulous Halloween costumes and deco's girl!!! I'll definitely be cyber-visiting you regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That bundt cake looks awesome. :) Love the fall pictures... and I reallly love the tractor made out of wood timbers. Wesley would want that. ha!!

    ReplyDelete

~Thanks for stopping in, and for letting me know you were here! I enjoy your comments! :) ~

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS