301 Endless Yard Sale Thru North Carolina 2016 - The Journey and The Finds

Friday, June 24, 2016



This time last Friday,
Mr. Ramblings, my daughter, Ashley, and I, 
were rummaging through miles and miles of yard sales,
along Highway 301 in North Carolina, home of The 301 Endless Yard Sale.

Dressed in my favorite junkin' tee, below,
from The Salvage Sister's monthly sale I attended with friends last spring,
 we hit the blacktop in search of some super bargains!



We exited off of I95 in Dunn, and got on 301 to begin our journey,
our 3rd consecutive year for the sale.

This was the 4th annual year for the weekend (Friday-Saturday) sale,
that runs from Dunn to Weldon, NC.
We've only ever made it as far as Wilson, NC.





A few shots from various vendors...









It was hot... although not as hot as last year!

Had to stop by Hills of Snow in Smithfield, NC, for a cool refreshment.

And may I say, hands down, this is the best snowcone one could ever have!



This delicious treat comes in 101 flavors.
I enjoyed a peaches and cream "snowball," and Ashley got watermelon.

Mr. Ramblings wouldn't get one, saying snow cones were juvenile,
...he certainly missed out!  :)



We didn't fill our suburban nearly as full as we have in years past.
In some areas, the goods were more plentiful, in others, not.
And quite frankly, I'm trying to weed my home of stuff now.

I figured I spent around $25, and Ashley probably spent less than $70.
We also visited the antique shops in downtown Selma,
and she bought several things there included in what she spent.

Pretty excited about the unique pieces that came home with me...



The blue pottery planter was one of my favorite finds, love the vibrant color!

The glass vase and brass tray have such pretty details!





Not sure what I'll do with the vintage cobblers' molds,
but they sure were interesting (and cheap)... I'll think of something!  :)



Although I've never collected much of it,
vintage Restaurantware has always fascinated me!

Found the little chinese-american restaurant dishes, couldn't pass them by.
Anyone have any idea what these may have been used for?



Aren't they the cutest?



The sweet "children" planter will go well 
with my other white pottery pieces I've been collecting.





Late in the evening, we headed towards home,
taking a road we don't often travel, Highway 242.

As we rounded the road through town, in Salemburg,
we came up on the most majestic, breathtaking sight,
the front grounds of Salemburg Baptist Church were lined
with rows upon rows of American Flags.









Just as I thought I'd taken my last photo,
the wind started to blow.
There are no words to describe the popping sound of the fabric 
as the flags flowed with the breeze when it was otherwise eerily quiet, 
and a sight I didn't think could get any more beautiful, did just that!





This weekend will be a quiet one for us, I suppose!

Thanks for visiting,
and I hope ya'll have a great one! 

__________________

Sharing Post At:
Ms. Toody Goo Shoes - Best of the Weekend
Chic On a Shoestring - Flaunt It Friday
Dwellings - Amaze Me Monday
Nifty Thrifty Things - Nifty Thrifty Sunday
Between Naps on the Porch - Met Monday
Coastal Charm - Show and Share
Cozy Little House - Tweak It Tuesday
StoneGable - The Scoop
Our Home Away From Home - Tuesdays at Our Home
Our Dedicated Home - Make It Pretty Monday
Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesday
The Essence of Home - Share Your Style

12 comments:

  1. Wow Rhonda I love all of your finds from the yard sale. The church with all those flags is amazing and beautiful! I hope you enjoy the weekend.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have LOVED this trip and saw a few things from your photos I would have snapped up! Love the shirt and glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun run of yard sales, but nothing can top Old Glory - fabulous pictures!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty blue bowl. I would have gotten the snowcone too! Yum! Cool photo of the church with all those flags. I would have to change coffee to chocolate on that t-shirt :)
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness, those flags! What a sight! The garage sale sounds like so much fun, I couldn't get my husband to do that in a million years!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was so much fun to read! I'll have to check this out if I'm ever down there!

    Come over to my link party and share this with everyone:
    http://www.twentysomethinginthe2010s.com/peace-love-link-up-013/
    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so with you on getting rid of "stuff". My girls tell me less is more all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you have a t-shirt for the occasion! That blue pottery is lovely. You found some special things. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Bliss Tuesdays. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. The little Asian dishes perhaps held soy sauce on one side and sesame seeds on the other.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like you had a lot of fun and found some neat things. I love the blue pottery. I also loved the brass tray. It's beautiful. I've just started collecting some old brass pieces. I love the way they look with my French Country Style. I can only imagine the awesome sight and sounds of the flags blowing in the wind. Thanks so much for sharing!!! I hope that you have a Happy Fourth of July!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darn, I can't believe I missed the yard sale this year! Looks like you picked up some really nice things. Love the blue pottery! Stopping by from The Scoop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have a blast at this yard sale! Love your finds, especially the blue planter. I would guess that the Chinese restaurant dishes would be used for soy sauce? The flag photos are amazing - especially the last one! Thanks for linking up at Best of the Weekend!

    ReplyDelete

~Thanks for stopping in, and for letting me know you were here! I enjoy your comments! :) ~

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS