"You'll Never Get To Heaven if You Break My Heart" - A Versatile Lantern For the Seasons Valentines Edition

Sunday, February 7, 2016




So...
just maybe you're wondering about the snazzy title of this post?

For an early Valentines Day Celebration,
Mr. Ramblings and I went to see the Stylistics in concert Friday night.



These guys might be in their sixties, 
but they've still got it going on... amazing vocals and smooth dance moves!

One of their many hit wonders,
 "You'll Never Get To Heaven if You Break My Heart,"
has been running through my mind as I prepared this post... hence the title.
Hearts... Valentines... you get the picture, right?  :)

Back in late November, my post, A Versatile Lantern For The Seasons,
featured the lantern below I found at Ollie's, dressed for Christmas...



...and Fall.



As I was scoping out the Christmas ornaments during the annual
 New Years Day Sale at Dillards, I ran across the pretty glass hearts, below.
They were originally $7.00, but at 75% off, only cost $1.75 each.
I purchased a few, with updating the lantern in mind for Valentines.



To complete the look, 
I added a bag of crumpled brown paper package filler from Dollar Tree,
and a sprig of greenery from Michaels (half price).



Reused the bow from Christmas, just tucked the greenery above and below it.

 




On the foyer table, the lantern was paired with a sweet, small Waterford Vase
 filled with Baby's Breath, and a cut-glass sphere.





 Illuminated by the glow of a little lamp lighting...










A sneak peek of the ribbon I bought at the Salvage Sister's Show a couple of weekends ago, 
inspiration for when it comes time to style the lantern for Easter/Spring, stay tuned...



But in the meantime,
I'll leave you with this little poem...

Roses are red,
 Violets are blue,
My life is blessed because you are here, that has to be said,
and I hope you all have a Happy Valentines, too!
~Rhonda


______________________

Sharing Post At:
Between Naps On The Porch - Met Monday
Cozy Little House - Tweak it Tuesday
Stone Gable - The Scoop
Our Home Away From Home - Tuesdays at Our Home
Coastal Charm - Show and Share
Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesday
Woods of Bell Trees - Party in Your PJs
Currently Kelsie - The Alder Collective Link
From My Front Porch To Yours - Treasure Hunt Thursday
Poofing the Pillows - Thoughts of Home on Thursday
McCall Manor - Your Inspired Design
My Thrift Store Addiction - Vintage Charm Party
A Burst of Beautiful - Create, Share, Inspire
Rattlebridge Farm - Foodie Friday & Everything Else
Ms. Toody Goo Shoes - Best of the Weekend
The Dedicated House - Make It Pretty Monday

22 comments:

  1. Your lantern is really pretty! I have some beautiful mercury glass hearts similar to yours, that I packed away with Christmas. Now I'm kicking myself! Aren't lanterns the best? You can just change them up for every season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Rhonda! Oh, the lantern looks beautiful! Those are some very gorgeous red hearts you have. I'm sure you really enjoyed the concert. I remember that song and that era of groups could really sing and looked so sharp. I can see them doing their little steps and spins!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rhonda, first, thanks so much for your visit. Your lantern looks just beautiful; in ALL seasons! Love those pretty hearts and paired with the vase, sphere and lamp it is a grogeous vignette! Have a wonderful Valentine's day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great piece to use in all seasons. I love that bike ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful array of decos for your pretty lantern.....cute ribbon, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your lantern is very pretty. I love the red mercury hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hearts are just beautiful! And I am in awe of your versatile lanterns. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rhonda, thank you from the bottom of my heart for linking up. It has taken hours of work behind the scenes to get this all together and it's so nice to have you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rhonda,
    This is truly pure creativity and joy! I love that you use this gorgeous lantern for all seasons.
    Thank you for joining our part this morning, it really means so much to all of us.
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you are re-using this lantern for each occasion. Those red hearts were a good buy! You've reminded me that I have a nice red heart from my Christmas Deco that I should be using!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love this! I have lanterns too but mine don't look as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! I have a galvanized lantern a dear friend gifted me decorated last Christmas. I love changing it up for the different season and holidays as well. Love how you have it styled.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are the sweetest little heart ornaments, and they look perfect in your lantern. I have several lanterns and hurricanes that are always out somewhere in or outside our home and get changed for the season.....that way I don't have to try to store them! I adore that cute ribbon you found, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rhonda- your lantern is wonderful!
    Don't you love re-usable accessories?
    Thank you for joining Thoughts of Home on Thursday!

    Laura
    WSP

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rhonda you have truly inspired me. I have a lantern that I think I am going to dig out and dust off.

    Thank you so very much for joining Thoughts of Home on Thursday. Your presence really helped to make it very special. I hope you will return again and again.

    Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a great lantern
    and using all things you had makes it even better

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet idea Rhonda! I love vintage look of your pretty hearts! Going to that concert must have been so much fun and so romantic~ Happy Valentine's Day!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Rhonda, I love the way you style your lantern for each season--thank you for sharing it @Vintage Charm! Sounds like a fun concert, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful lantern! Thanks for sharing with us at Your Inspired Design!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a huge lantern and I keep looking at it wondering what it needs - now I know!! I am off to find my stash of ribbons and trims!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so gorgeous! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing and for linking up with The Alder Collective! Hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete

~Thanks for stopping in, and for letting me know you were here! I enjoy your comments! :) ~

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS