Tole Trays - Using Them In Your Home

Thursday, July 21, 2016



Vintage toleware trays have been a favorite of mine for decades.
("decades"...making me sound a little aged myself, huh?)

My collection of tole trays has grown over the years,
and can be found displayed in different places around my home.
They're just too beautiful not to use in some way
 and can be incorporated into many decor styles!

The Living Room...







One of my very favorites in the guest half-bath...





The kitchen is an ideal place for tole trays,
and where a majority of mine are displayed
 ...sometimes rotated as a new one is added to my collection.

I tend to gravitate towards beautiful, vibrant florals,
but a fruit painted tray occasionally gets added to the mix!







Tole trays can be found in many sizes, shapes, and designs.
The smallest in my collection, a 7" tray has a home on the kitchen desk.







I like to think of tole trays as unique, often one-of-a-kind art for one's home!
And their beautiful designs bring my home a touch of joy!

I'll be taking a short break from posting until August 1st.
Scheduled to work more hours over the next two weeks.
Pesky job interferes with with my blogging hobby!  ha!  :)
(...said in jest, much appreciative of a job!)
But it will give me a chance to get caught up reading other's blogs,
which I am way behind on.

Be sure to follow me on FB and Instagram...

The week of August 1st, I'll be participating in an exciting blog hop,
Alfresco Tablescape Blog Hop,
 so graciously hosted by Chloe of Celebrate & Decorate.

So looking forward to sharing an alfresco tablescape
 along with 25 other very talented bloggers!
...going to be a real treat, ya'll!



Be back soon!   :)


___________________

Sharing Post At:
My Thrift Store Addiction - Vintage Charm Party
Poofing the Pillows - Thoughts of Home
McCall Manor - Your Inspired Design
The Charm of Home - Home Sweet Home
24 Cottonwood Lane - Best of the Weekend
Chic On a Shoestring - Flaunt It Friday
Rustic & Refined - Dishing It & Digging It
Nifty Thrifty Things - Nifty Thrifty Sunday
Between Naps of the Porch - Met Monday
Coastal Charm - Show & Share
Confessions of a Plate Addict - The Scoop
Our Home Away From Home - Tuesdays At Our Home
The Dedicated House - Make It Pretty Monday
Celebrate & Decorate - Celebrate Your Story
Woman In Real Life - Vintage Bliss Tuesday
DIY By Design - Sizzle Into Summer
Katherine's Corner - Thursday Favorite Things 

18 comments:

  1. I love tole trays but only have one. I'd like to add to my collection. Are you getting them on Ebay?

    Happy Thoughts of Home talented friend. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda, I don't have any tole trays, but I've long admired them. What a beautiful collection. Thanks for sharing at Your Inspired Designs Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to ask about the rolls of brown paper that I see on a table . . .is that a gift wrapping station? or just "for looks" -- love it either way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit, I've never really loved this style tray, but my mom was crazy for them. I LOVE the way you've hung them on the wall though, I have new appreciation, they look fantastic! Looking forward to Chloe's blog hop with you!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love role trays, I like how you used the, throughout your home Rhonda! I did have some in my last home and sold them at my sale before we left SC. I have been eyeing some here in NC though! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your collection is wonderful.
    I have the mint green one too-
    They look amazing hanging on the wall.
    Happy Thoughts of Home Rhonda-

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great, I love trays like these and they look so pretty all grouped together! I pinned to my "Collection Display Ideas" board :o)

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rhonda, I have always loved tole trays and have a few that I have collected! You have displayed yours beautifully! Looking forward to sharing in the blog hop with you! Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I like your tole trays I have seen those for years and have always like them. I even seen one at a garage sale this morning however it was really scratched up and priced $15

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rhonda, what a lovely collection and they create such a pretty display! Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm! Pinned to our Features & Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rhonda! Those trays are beautiful. I think I remember my grandma having a couple. I'm going to have to keep my eye out for those. Thanks for sharing and linking up at Dishing It & Digging It :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rhonda, I am visiting from Julie's blog this morning. Love your tole trays! I have one or two myself. I am a southern girl too, from North Ga but now living in North Alabama. Enjoy your blog break!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tole trays are absolutely gorgeous! I never thought to hang them in my home. How do you hang yours anyways?! I have had a few, plus a tole magazine holder but they have only passed through my home to my shop to sell. I have to look at them differently now. I just love how they look hung on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these things. I have one. Your collection is so pretty! Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm catching up on my blog reading and love your collection! I also noticed a couple of rolls of paper - are those paper towels or wrapping paper? I can't tell, but I like the stand they are on. I've wanted gift wrap on a stand now for a while, so I'm interested. Every photo of yours has something interesting! Enjoy your blog break!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous collection! I adore tole trays and keep hoping a few will find me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful collection and I would have never thought to hang them, great idea! Thanks for being a part of our line up at Celebrate Your Story.

    ReplyDelete

~Thanks for stopping in, and for letting me know you were here! I enjoy your comments! :) ~

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS