Thriftin' Finds Makeovers - A Chair & A Chandie

Sunday, October 21, 2012




Is your furniture stuck in the past???

The 70's perhaps?

Only in Graceland,
{and ONLY in Graceland},
 can the "King" pull off these swanky faux wood chairs 
with gold soft shaggy upholstered fabric.

But don't despair,
these chairs can easily be beautifully updated with
paint and new fabric!




The defined details of the chairs,
make them an ideal candidate for a fabulous makeover!

Or maybe you have an outdated chandie
that could use a new do?





No problem,
just spray it with 
Valspar Max Anti-Rust,
from Lowe's.

Provides great coverage!





The chairs were painted with one of the samplers 
of LaCraie Chalk Paint
by Maison Blanche Paint Company,
that I won at the SBC.

Color - Hurricane

I was very pleased in the way it covered,
 and the consistency of the paint.

Waiting the check the durability...





More auction finds from the weekend,

...Amish Dolls




An unique Picture,
and beautiful vintage Teapot...








And an old cast iron fireplace cover.





I'll post the makeover of the twin chair in a future post, stay tuned...

Hope the thriftin' was prosperous in your neck of the woods 
this weekend!
{smiles}




________________________________

Linking Post To:

Masterpiece Monday @ Boogieboard Cottage
Mop It Up Monday @ I Should be Mopping the Kitchen
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Make It Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House
Gettin' Krafty With It @ Krafty Kat
Cowgirl Up Party @ Cedarhill Ranch
Creatively Tuesdays @ The Rustic Pig
Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style
Inspiration Friday @ At the Picket Fence
Share Your Creations @ Kristen's Creations
Vintage Inspiration @ Common Ground




17 comments:

  1. Wow! Those both turned out great. That's the first I've heard of LaCraie Chalk Paint. I don't know the cost of that brand but
    hopefully competition will make the prices of the chalk paint come down! I love using it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful makeovers. What plans do you have for the fireplace cover?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rhonda! Oh, lovely lovely! The chairs looks gorgeous and I love the chandy! You've been a busy little gal! :)
    Thanks for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job with those pieces!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH... and I love your fall header!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A chair fit for a king (and I don't mean Elvis)!! Amazing what spray paint can do to transform something and you are so lucky to have won that paint - you work fast girl!

    At first glance, your fabulous painting looked a bit like Elvis & Priscilla!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. That chair looks fabulous now! I love white paint! Visiting the Farmhouse Porch. Have a great week!

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely chandy and the chair looks fabulous. Paint does wonders, especially with someone like yourself
    Who is creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are are all great finds. The chair is beautiful. I love white chandeliers. Great job. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finds and awesome make-overs! You have a lovely blog and I've enjoyed my visit. I'm now one of your newest followers. Enjoy your day, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful transformations! I wish I could find a chandelier as pretty as yours! Stopping by from Wow us Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you've been busy...the chair and the chandy look great! I'm always amazed at what a little paint can do! I need to get my thrifting in for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, my! Drooling all over your treasures! Amazing difference in that chair and chandie! What will you do with the rusty, chippy fireplace cover? Love it all. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely things and you did an amazing job on making them pretty! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Rhonda! Wanted to let you know you wil be one of the features tomorrow. The party opens at 8am CST. So, pop on over and pick up a feature button. Can't wait to see what you have tomorrow. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

~Thanks for stopping in, and for letting me know you were here! I enjoy your comments! :) ~

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS