Vintage Christmas

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

"Something about an old-fashioned Christmas is hard to forget."
~ Hugh Downs (1921- ), American newscaster.

Don't you just love Christmas Traditions, including decorations with vintage touches?

This past weekend, Kevin and I spent our 19th Wedding Anniversary in Asheville, NC.
I'll share more pictures from the weekend later in the week.
One of my favorite Antique/Collectibles Malls is The Depot at Gibson Mill. On the way home Sunday, we stopped off in Concord for a visit! Wonderful, whimsical Vintage Christmas was visible in many booths of the 85,000 square foot mall.



Once inside the doors of The Depot, we were greeted by the life size Santa!



What's more vintage'y Christmas, than tinsel trees and old Christmas balls?!?



Cute, shiny tree in an old watering can....



Small bottle brush tree in a silver creamer...



Old dusty rose chenille pipe cleaner Christmas Trees...



Beautiful wreath with antique shimmery balls...



















Christmas crafty projects were also offered in many booths, such as the Santa ornaments made from dried okra pods...








A banner of "HOPE" from Artsy Fartsy...
{Janna, a blogger who has a super cute booth offering metal and chippy vintage wares at The Depot.}



Collection of Vintage Santas...



Great idea for an old brass candelabra...



Uniquely dressed lamp shade...



Vintage Linens...







Pretty, festive candle decorations...
{Might have to "copycat" these! :) }



Paper print Trees...







Loved the old over-the-shoulder fertilizer spreader filled with live greenery.
Brings back many childhood memories of my dad and his gardening days!







"So tacky, they're cute" plastic lighted yard decorations!

I remember the toy soldiers from the days of my grandmother!
At Christmas, she would place one on each side of her front porch. The window behind them framed a beautiful live tree so thick with stringy silver tinsel you couldn't see the green of tree, lit brightly with large-bulb colored lights!
I miss those days!



Another great crafty project...







The little Christmas folks below, had a vintage look.
The drummer boy came home with me!











The next few pictures were a more modern take on Christmas, but were absolutely beautiful.
Lavish mantel...







Bright, festive wreath...



If you are in the Concord, NC area, and would like to visit The Depot at Gibson Mill, click HERE,
to go to their website for directions.

What I have pictured is just a small fraction of what the 460 booths have to offer!
You will not be disappointed, it's enchanting at any time of the year!



________________________________________________


Linking Post To:

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Vintage Block Party @ Common Ground


6 comments:

  1. Wow...what a wonderful shop! I could do some serious damage in that place! Cute drummer boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, heaven on earth! I love the vintage Christmas look. I tend not to swap out my decorations much due to that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - I'm going to have to drive over to Concord to check this place out! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I am sitting here drooling all over my lap-top! This is one of those places that I would walk into and my head would just start spinning! I love to go into places like this and get ideas, and just drool over the eye candy. Too bad I am nowhere near N.C.-I could get into lots of trouble here. Thanks for showing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it might take me all day to get through this shop! I really enjoyed looking at all of your pictures. I can't get enough of vintage Christmas things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for taking me along with you.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

~Thanks for stopping in, and for letting me know you were here! I enjoy your comments! :) ~

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS