Saturday Evening "Junk Finds" Post

Saturday, June 12, 2010

I {heart} junk! In a sense I'm hip by being "green," recycling and giving others' castaways a new home. If Sanford had a daughter, instead of a son, it would certainly be me! Although, anyone who knows my dad, would say I inherited the love of junk from him.

This afternoon, I went to an estate sale in my neighborhood. I waited to hit the latter part of the two day sale, because quite frankly, my cupboards and closets overfloweth! I desperately need to have a yard sale myself. But never one to turn down a bargain, I was pleased that the bounty that remained at the sale, was half price. Below, are the treasures I found on my hunt....

The Botanical Prints were marked $25.00 for the pair, which made them $12.50. After this post was completed, they found a home in my bedroom.
The eight scalloped dessert plates above, are a very close match to Fostoria pieces, Heather pattern, that my mother-in-law gave me some time back as a gift. I paid $6.50 for the set of eight.

....a close-up of the pattern, below.

The blue and white bowl, below, was made in Spain. {$8.00}
And the box lot of nineteen scarfs, below, were $20.00, marked down to $10.00. I picked these up for Ashley, and my MIL, Frances.

The small ziploc bag contains six needlepoint linen napkins and a few odd pieces, $3.50.

...and that concludes my junk finds for today....
“It's been said, 'What's one man's junk is another man's treasure,' and that may be the case here.” ~Don Hines
_________________________
{Estate Sale was conducted by: The Fancy Flea Antique Mall ~ Shallotte, NC}

1 comment:

  1. Great finds, Rhonda! I love the prints and the plates, too!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete

~Thanks for stopping in, and for letting me know you were here! I enjoy your comments! :) ~

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS