Scoping the Globe...

Sunday, July 8, 2012

For the past month,
I've been scoping the globe,
at least my little part of it...
and  to no avail have I found any good junk to resale in my booth.
I was getting a tad worried with the junkin' drought I'd encountered.

I suppose it's just too hot in our parts,
for anyone to be cleaning out closets and hauling their goods to the thrift stores,
let alone have a yard sale in the oppressive heat!



But over the last week,
my luck seems to have changed.

I hit a few good yard sales in our area, 
{three to be exact! ha!}
and picked up some interesting finds at the local thrift stores.




The burlap handmade doll is the real deal.
Authentic old tobacco sheet burlap, found at an estate yard sale.




And I just love the dog statue, below.
 ...one of my favorite finds of the week.



He's made of a heavy resin material,
but has a bronze look!




An interesting old picture...




A George F. Cram Co. Globe,
and clean, like-new wicker large tray...




The milk glass cup and saucer set was made in France,
by Arcopal .
Really pretty, this was a name I wasn't familiar with.

The beautiful red scarf, was a SA find!




And a midst a table of nothing but dollar store junk at a yard sale, so not the good junk,
I found the great mod orange daisy print Sugar, Salt and Pepper set below for 75 cents!!!

I scanned the sale so quickly, I almost missed it!




The large battenburg lace tablecloth and ten napkins
is in pristine condition!

It was starched, straight from the cleaners,
and the saleslady at the SA started bundling it up to stuff in a bag 
before I could stop her! 
I cringed as I counted the wrinkles! :(
Still a super deal, at $4.99 for the set!








At the estate yard sale,
I also found the old ladder, tobacco basket,
and two sets of mule harnesses and single tree.
Got it all for $40!








Not bad for a week's search, if I do say so myself!
And the prices were good, can't beat that!

 As I was unwrapping my wares when I got home,
which is just like Christmas to me,
I found that someone has been passing the hot days
with the puzzles in the paper.
I'm ashamed to say, I've never seen one completed! ha! 
I was impressed! :)



_____________________________________

Sharing my Post at...
Thrifty Treasures @ Southern Hospitality
Masterpiece Monday @ Boogieboard Cottage
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

11 comments:

  1. It looks like your thrifting drought is over! You've found some really great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda, what wondeful finds. I love the tobacco basket mad the ladder. I am on the search for a orchard ladder but have not had luck yet.

    Hope you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My uncle, until about a week before his death worked the cross word puzzle every day, and he always finished them!!
    I would love that tobacco basket! my husband's family grew tobacco in Kentucky....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you found some great stuff! If you get in a lull again try an auction. I get great things for my booths at local auctions at great prices. Check out auctionzip.com to find one close to you. Happy hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo Hoo! What great things you found! That dog statue is my favorite.
    be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What amazing finds! I absolutely love the salt, pepper, and sugar set. The porcelain dog is amazing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to head south for thrifting so I can find a tobacco basket!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What are you going to do with all that? See, that is the creative process that I love with people like you that find uses for these things, and turn them into really neat things that people want. :)

    It's like the Louis Vuitton of stuff. I would know what to do with a Louis Vuitton purse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds! I love the tobacco basket-it's been on my wish list for a while!

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you found all of your neat things! They are great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh good stuff! There is a painted scalloped bowl in the first photo. I'm dying to know what you paid for it, is it French?
    Karee

    ReplyDelete

~Thanks for stopping in, and for letting me know you were here! I enjoy your comments! :) ~

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS