Guest Post At White Spray Paint - The Art of Thrifting

Thursday, October 13, 2016

I'm long overdue to tell ya'll that Monday I was invited to do a guest post 
with Laura, who blogs at White Spray Paint.

Laura is one very talented decorator 
and we share several passions... blue and white pottery and thrifting!
She is also a kind, encouraging soul,
and I thank her for having me over to tell my story!
Hope you'll check it out!

Thrifting series


I've been MIA from my blog due to Hurricane Matthew...
I was without power from Saturday afternoon until last night.
...our cell/net very sketchy during that time.

Please pray for the folks in southeast NC....
It's really bad in some areas! Our homes are about an hour inland from the coast. We have a business in Wilmington, and most of city and coast was unharmed by the storm. For that I am thankful!

But the inland coast is surrounded by many beautiful rivers and lakes.  This has been a rainy season, with the water table already pretty high.  The amount of rain we received from Matthew has caused those bodies of water to rise and swell well beyond capacity, some to the extent of breaking levees and damns.  The devastation from the flooding has been heartbreaking.  Some little towns remain completely flooded as I type this.  The rivers have yet to crest, the water continuing to rise. So many have lost their homes and businesses.  We personally were very blessed to just be without power, and lose some of our pier.  


Picture Borrowed from FEMA of Lumberton, NC

Picture Borrowed from Jody Johnson, Photorad, of Fair Bluff, NC

In light of the state of our area, I'll be taking a little break from blogging until the first of November. I am very thankful and praising God for his protection, and that it wasn't any worse.  To witness neighbors helping neighbors, our first responders giving their all, and those that have come from across the state and country here to offer assistance, has been amazing!  But my heart is with those who have lost so much, and now must begin to rebuild and restore.  Again, I ask for your prayers for all who were affected by Matthew, not only those in our state!


5 comments:

  1. Oh Rhonda, I'm so sorry for all of you in the path of hurricane Matthew. I hope and pray that help arrives and that your families are safe, power is restored, and flood-waters evaporate quickly. Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rhonda, I'm so sorry for all of you in the path of hurricane Matthew. I hope and pray that help arrives and that your families are safe, power is restored, and flood-waters evaporate quickly. Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhonda, I am so sorry for all those who have lost so much...prayers continue for those who have to pick up and rebuild! Thankful that you were spared. Blessings, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like the coverage of Matthew ended after it hit NC, it has been so hard to get any news about this horrible disaster for your area. Thanks for sharing your pics and experience, I'm so glad you are alright! Prayers and prayers Rhonda-
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers to you Rhonda and to all of the thousands of people who have lost so much.
    You stay safe Rhonda and enjoy your family and your break.
    I call it 'circling the wagons'.

    Laura
    WSP

    ReplyDelete

~Thanks for stopping in, and for letting me know you were here! I enjoy your comments! :) ~

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS