Giving a Glider New Life & Creating a Back Deck Oasis

Thursday, August 25, 2016

An added bonus of blogging is the really nice people you "meet,"
and if you're very fortunate, form long lasting friendships with!

One treasured friend is Cindy!
Cindy and I started with RMS (HGTV's Rate My Space Forum)
and both transitioned over to blogging about 8 years ago.

Cindy blogged at Just Another Day In Paradise,
but in recent years has returned to school and is a very dedicated Grammy
to five precious, beautiful little girls!

Cindy and I keep contact via Facebook these days,
and she recently shared pictures of a few projects she's been working on this summer!
She's a handy, talented lady!

The glider below, was a Father's Day gift to her husband 27 years ago.
Sitting out in the weather under the deck for quite awhile,
had taken it's toll on it!



Cindy reslatted and sealed the pieces, and painted the frame.
Added pretty, fresh pillows and cushions,
the glider now looks brand spanking new!



The glider makeover was just the first step to transforming her deck
into her own little oasis once again.

I can only imagine how she must enjoy the teal umbrella on a sunny day!



The pretty rug, a great find from Lowe's, ties the space together perfectly!
Cindy says that it is made up of some sort of plastic composite that can be
hosed off and allows the redwood deck to breath!
The deck was also resealed.



I adore the two chairs, below, that Cindy says she has had for 7-10 years.
They only needed new cushions, which she bought at JoAnn's, 70% Clearance.

I would love to see more of the gorgeous Utah mountains
 that we get a peek of in the photo!





Cindy color coordinated the space so well in soothing, relaxing aquas,
 and salmon accents.



The space was completed with a table and stools added early in the season.
 They are enjoyed by, and have gotten lots of use from, 
Cindy's grandaughters this summer.



Cindy sure has inspired me to makeover my back door space!

She's also a very skilled seamstress!
Some of her sewing creations can be seen {here}.

Thanks Cindy, for letting me share your oasis! ;)


_____________________

Sharing Post At:
McCall Manor - Your Inspired Design
Poofing The Pillow - Thoughts of Home
My Thrift Store Addiction - Vintage Charm
Julie's Lifestyle - Cooking & Crafting With J&J
Between Naps On The Porch - Met Monday
Celebrate & Decorate - Celebrate Your Story
The Dedicated House - Make It Pretty Monday
Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesday
The Charm of Home - Home Sweet Home

16 comments:

  1. The bench looks great. I have one that I need to add new slats to so this has inspired me to do so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lowe's sells redwood slats in about 6-8 foot lengths, if that's what you're thinking of using. It was definitely a fun and different project for me to undertake.

      Delete
  2. I love the colours and that umbrella ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. Orange is my favorite color and I'm so happy that it's easy to find in stores right now in it. I don't get to use orange very often but have seen the blues used with it and decided to give it a go. The blues all blend much better than the pictures show and the teal umbrella was just icing on the cake at Sam's Club early this spring. It took me a few months to get it all together but I'm pleased with the results.

      Delete
  3. Great transformation! I love that she painted one stool orange! Love the color combo-
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Jenna. I actually have five stools (one for each granddaughter) and they came already painted from Tai Pan. The stools stack so they don't take up much room but there wasn't room in this picture to show them all. The girls love them and we've already gotten our money's worth out of them!

      Delete
  4. Way to go Cindy! That's such an inviting space. I love that she has kept the glider for so long. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The glider has great sentimental value. Many nights were spent rocking babies or star gazing on that glider. The frame and mechanisms were still in excellent shape so it definitely was worth sprucing up!

      Delete
  5. I finally figured out the problem I was having with my blog and can sign in again to leave comments, yay! Rhonda, you were oh so kind in your blog and I want to thank you for it. It was so much fun redoing my deck. Since the transformation we have used the deck daily and enjoyed being outside again. You've been such a good friend to me and I love sharing my adventures (and sometimes misadventures) in crafting and sewing with you. Thank you again for your sweet words. I hope to be back to blogging again soon. I miss the community and the friends who are here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rhonda, Cindy has a beautifully refreshed deck with the glider and the pillow colors along with the rug! I bet she doesn't have to endure the heat and humidity in the beautiful Utah mountains! Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rhonda, what a great deck with wonderful furniture and accessories. The pillows are awesome. Thanks for sharing at Your Inspired Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving this outdoor space and the charming color combinations!
    Happy Sunday,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Cindy did a great job--love the colors she used and the rug too! Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks so cozy! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great makeover! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

~Thanks for stopping in, and for letting me know you were here! I enjoy your comments! :) ~

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS