Diet Sunkist Creamsicle Cake

Wednesday, June 29, 2016



Trying to watch what you eat,
but still fighting the cravings of a little something sweet?

...daily struggle for me!

Pinterest is a great source for low-cal and low-carb desserts.

I recently came across one, Diet Sunkist Creamsicle Cake, from Plain Chicken,
that was simple, required just a few ingredients, and promised to be tasty!



The Plain Chicken blog had a lot of really yummy sounding recipes.
Can't wait to try some of the others!

The cake was straight up delicious!
The orange flavor was very faint,
perfect for some of my more finicky family members.
Light, fluffy, and moist, it received a big thumbs-up from the kids!
Mr. Ramblings hid the last piece for later... that was a first!  :)










Topped the "perfectly summer" dessert
with a sprinkling of chopped pecans...



...and enjoyed it with a ice cold glass of Diet Sunkist.



Hope you'll give this cake a try!
If you'd like to follow my "Skinny Menu" Pinterest Board, click {here}.

...wishing ya'll a happy and safe 4th of July Weekend!
We'll be celebrating America's birthday, along with Mr. Rambling's 50th!
...enjoy!  :)

__________________

Sharing Post At:
Katherine's Corner - Thursday Favorite Things
Poofing The Pillows - Thoughts of Home
McCall Manor - Your Inspired Design
The Charm of Home - Home Sweet Home
Chic on a Shoestring - Flaunt It Friday
Giggles Galore - Creative Collection
Ms. Toody Goo Shoes - Best of the Weekend
Between Naps on the Porch - Met Monday
Coastal Charm - Show and Share
StoneGable - The Scoop
Julie's Lifestyle - Cooking & Crafting with J&J
The Dedicated Home - Make It Pretty Monday


17 comments:

  1. Rhonda, looks yummy. Thanks for sharing a pretty little cake at Your Inspired Designs Link Party #42.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really yummy and refreshing too. I'd keep it in the fridge and serve cold.

    Happy Thoughts of Home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this sounds heavenly! I would like to invite you to come by and share this cake at the Celebrate Your Story! link party. Here is the link if you have a moment to join the party: http://celebrateanddecorate.com/celebrate-story-32/ This cake sounds so perfect for summer. I am going to pin this to my cake board!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Rhonda, this cake looks so good and pretty too!! I will have to give this a try. I like that it's easy to make too, my kind of baking! LOL!
    Happy Birthday to Mr. Rambling and have a wonderful 4th of July! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! It's so hard to find low sugar desserts. I'm pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rhonda, I love anything with the taste of orange and this sounds really great! Happy 4th of July weekend! Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
  7. Plain Chicken always has the tastiest and easiest recipes, and this looks like another good one! I've never seen the "diet" cake mix, I'll have to check that out
    Happy 4th Rhonda!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is almost a twist on the old 7-up cake and sounds delicious! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so light and delicious! I've pinned it to make for later. And that's so hilarious about Mr. Ramblings hiding the last piece, which indicates that he really loves this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rhonda, I just found your blog and love your beautiful home! Do you know the paint color on your living room walls in the lake house? Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This recipe is giving me good vibrations! :) Hubby is a diabetic and it would be perfect for him.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds so delicious!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good looking summery dessert! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love cream sickle bars and will give this cake a try! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Rhonda, thanks again for sharing this recipe with us at Cooking and Crafting with J & J! We love having you.
    I love you new profile picture of yourself!! :) I'm now a Instagram buddy of yours!! :)
    Enjoy the day and weekend.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm going to try this one for sure! Pinned :)

    ReplyDelete

~Thanks for stopping in, and for letting me know you were here! I enjoy your comments! :) ~

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS