Decorating With Canvas Art

Thursday, February 25, 2016



My daughter, Ashley, is a crackerjack crafter.
She gets it honest, inheriting the creative gene from many generations back.

Her newest project
has been to learn pretty lettering and calligraphy.

After visiting her a couple of weeks ago,
 I returned with a couple of her custom canvases she created.

The "oh How He loves Us" one, was a gift to her Aunt Bo,
which I was to deliver.



The second was destined for a "trouble spot" in my kitchen,
...to hide this less-than-beautiful cable connection, outlet, and cordless phone base.

A large platter or framed print of some kind covers this area at all times,
but I do often change them out.



The aqua color fit well in with my kitchen,
and I love the quote... "Let Your Faith Be Bigger Than Your Fears."
I need to be reminded of that often! :)

But first, the raw edges of the canvas needed a more finished look.



Grabbed a roll of jute twine and my glue gun...



...and added a "frame" of sorts.





The canvas adds a whimsical touch, and conceals the outlets and phone perfectly... 
you'd never guess they were lurking behind, huh?



Paired the pretty canvas with two of the favorite photos of my kids
when they were younger, in new frames from Burkes Outlet.




On another note,
Thanking God that our little area of the South was spared any major damage
from yesterday's storms.  Praying for those that didn't fare so well!
How was it in your neck of the woods?
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
~Rhonda


______________________

Sharing Post At:
Poofing the Pillows - Thoughts of Home On Thursday
McCall Manor - Your Inspired Design
The Charm of Home - Home Sweet Home
A Burst of Beautiful - Create, Share, Inspire
Ms Toody Goo Shoes - Best of the Weekend
Between Naps on the Porch - Met Monday
Cozy Little House - Tweak It Tuesday
The Dedicated House - Make It Pretty Monday
Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesday
DIY By Design - Winter Blues Wednesday
Sadie Seasongoods - Talk of the Town

9 comments:

  1. I love it! Ashley is a great crafter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda! So glad to hear all is well in your area. I've seen the news this morning and last night was devastating to some places. We even had a huge rain storm and there is some flooding. Now your daughter gets her craftiness from her mommy! :) I love her little signs and love the ropey frame you added to it! Take care and I like your header too.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a lot of creativity in your house and it's not coming from too many generations back. Ashley gets it from you too.

    The artwork is adorable and the twine really adds to it. I'm going to try to remember this. It's the little things that really can elevate decor.

    Happy Thoughts of Home on Thursday. Love having you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter definitely has talent! I love these little signs so much. Thanks for sharing at Your Inspired Design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you're okay, Rhonda! I feel so bad for the others...

    Ashley should be selling her creations on Etsy and your special touch was perfect :)

    Love that blanket basket you talked about a few posts back!

    hugs to you,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining TOHOT! We are so glad you are here.

    I am glad you are all ok.
    Isn't it fun when the next generation is creative too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter does beautiful calligraphy, Rhonda! That is also a very clever way of covering up those stapled sides of the canvas.

    Warm hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the canvas Ashley! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

~Thanks for stopping in, and for letting me know you were here! I enjoy your comments! :) ~

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS