Frugal Valentine Decorating with Dollar Tree Crafts

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I {heart} a party!
I {heart} crafting!
I {heart} a bargain!

And I really {heart} shopping!



So,
...I raided my local Dollar Tree for items
to create a fun and frugal Valentine's Project to share at
Debbie's and Shannon's


My creation,
Frosted Valentine Candleholders...




Below, are most of the items I started with,
all from the Dollar Tree, "where everything is $1.00!"



Plus, I threw in a can of Valspar Frosting Spray Paint to the mix.

I found the paint before Christmas at Lowe's, and I've been dying to try it on ...something!



First, I cut out a heart, with brand-spanking new, "not dull yet" DT scissors! :)



I traced two hearts on DT vinyl adhesive shelf liner.






Adhered the hearts to the glass cylinders,
{easy, peasy since they were self-stick},
hot-glued the candlesticks to the bottom of each,
and sprayed them as one unit, with the Valspar Frosting Spray Paint.



Chalk board tags were crafted,
from pre-cut DT Wedding Paper Tags,
and Chalk Board Paint.

The white ribbons were removed from the tags, and replaced with DT red rafia string.






The candle holders were filled with Jasmine scented Bath Salts.
I checked the package to see if the salts were flammable.
I didn't see a disclosure,
 so personally, I would use with caution and not leave unattended while the candles are lit.
{Use at your own risk....}

But even when the candles aren't lit,
the Jasmine Salts have a wonderful, clean fragrance.

My husband remarked how the house smelled of clean laundry,
{and there was none! ha!}

The cute little scattered hearts were from Dollar Tree, as well!









I included a few shots of alternative ways to use the candleholders,
...first, without the tags, and with a few hearts dropped inside...



...or for a more streamlined look,
keep the tags, but use white candles!



For more super cute and budget-friendly Valentine Ideas,
head over to Fox HollowDebbiedoos' Party!
____________________________________


Also Linking Post To:
Tutorial Tip and Tidbits @ Stone Gable
Creative Inspirations @ Embracing Change
Be Inspired @ Common Ground

22 comments:

  1. Rhonda, these are beautiful! You did a great job! Love the frosty effect! Isn't Dollar Tree wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SWEET thrifty idea you had here...that sray paint looks great.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. they turned out so cute.. very creative indeed~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhonda:

    Your craft turned out wonderful! Love the little puffy hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet for Valentine's Day... Jasmine makes for clean smelling laundry...must remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, those look so pretty! Great job. Thanks for sharing with our party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, they are gorgeous! so creative, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get the heck out! lol These are so pretty! You did a super job, Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very clever! And so pretty. I love these Dollar Tree parties because I get so much inspiration and it doesn't cost a fortune to make something pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so pretty! I definitely need to get my hands on some of that frosting paint! Visiting from DebbieDoo's :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea Rhonda!!....they are just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. More fun new products that I'll have to try sometime soon! I find the most fun things on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rhonda,
    You have some good ideas. I'm going to have to go to
    the dollar store.
    I like the candle ideas and those chalkboard tags are something.
    Have a great week.
    Pat @ Pat's Pink Apron

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO CUTE!
    Totally genius using the shelf liner as vinyl.
    Totally brilliant.

    I am off to pin this. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this project, Rhonda! You make it sound so easy to get such a great look. I even have some of those glass holders made a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute project, Rhonda! Amazing what can come out of Dollar Tree shopping trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful!
    Gotta love Dollar Tree! I won't go to Dollar General because it is not just a dollar!
    Thanks for linking up to the Creative Inspirations Party!
    Stacey at Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Rhonda! Those candle holders are so pretty! You did a great job putting this together! Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How easy and cute. I love the frosted look.

    I'm having a STRUT YOUR STUFF Social hop. I'd love for you to hop on over, grab a button and come show off your best projects. Or, just come link up your blog!!

    http://mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/2013/01/strut-your-stuff-social-hop.html

    I'm also looking for Pinterest Pinners to feature every week. If you are on Pinterest and are interested in being featured come link up! Who knows you might meet some other great pinners and gain a few great ideas.

    http://mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/2012/12/looking-for-pinners.html

    ReplyDelete

~Thanks for stopping in, and for letting me know you were here! I enjoy your comments! :) ~

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS