Vintage Colored Glass Finds

Sunday, August 19, 2012

My Junkin' was a little slim this past week, 
not a lot of time to hunt.
But I was in one of the local thriftin' shops I usually stop in bi-weekly,
and stumbled on the beautiful colored glassware pieces below.

A stocker was coming out of the back room with half of these,
and I caught him before they were ever put on the shelf!
He was nice enough to offer the rest of the stash they had in the back.
I was turning on the Southern Charm, let me tell you!  ;)
...Wouldn't you for these beauties! ha!

And they were priced really cheap!!! 



The black pieces were made by Indiana Glass,
 the Black Diamond Point Pattern.



The tall red vase
is 50's Mid Century Mod Ruby Red Amberline,
made by Viking.



The beautiful little red and yellow Fenton piece
is Amberina.




The two orange vases and the dark blackish-red vase
are Viking, also.



Aren't the details of the glass just striking?



The orange cut-glass vase below,
I'm not so sure about.
Not certain of it's age or maker,
but it is stunning in person,
It is a large, heavy piece and would be so pretty in a fall vignette.








I also found the three snuffers, below.



Love the detailing on the handles!



Hope your week of junkin' was fruitful!
Sometimes it just pays to be in the right place, at the VERY right moment!



___________________________________


Linking Post To:
Thrifty Treasures @ Southern Hospitality
Tabletop Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style
Cowgirl Up Party @ Cedar Hill Ranch
What's It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants
Vintage Inspiration @ Common Ground


13 comments:

  1. When I was a teenager I worked in a little drug store in my home town that sold a lot of Fentonware. I have some pieces that I couldn't turn away from and, of course, I paid full retail price! Okay, a small employee discount went into the transaction. Have to admit I love the orange ones best. I do love the colors of orange and am excited that there is more of it around now to decorate with.

    Right place, right time, who could ask for anything more?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely glass pieces you found! The large vase is so pretty! You did good!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous finds! I love how the light coming through the window makes the glass glow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are lovely! Great finds! I had no idea that the darker color was made in glass. The light really shows these off! Amazing finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow wow wow awesome finds enjoy them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Those are amazing finds! Sounds like Southern charm comes in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pieces...love the colors! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! You hit the jackpot! Makes me wanna go shopping today :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning girl!!!! Those are some gorgeous pieces for sure!!! Hope all is well on your side of the mountain sweetie...just wanted to drop by and say hello..have a great week my friend....Picket

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, such beautiful colors and each piece is stunning. Love the candle snuffers too. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous!! I can't believe you found those thrifting. They look so much like what I've seen on the shelves in some of my favorite stores recently.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love those beautiful black pieces! Nothing like southern charm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have my own little collection of mid century orange stretch vases! Great finds!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

~Thanks for stopping in, and for letting me know you were here! I enjoy your comments! :) ~

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS