Frenchy Bench Redo

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My intentions were to do a 
Celebrating the Red, White, and Blue Part II Post,
but the internet wasn't cooperating yesterday!

I suppose I'll save the great inspiration I've collected until 4th of July!

(For Celebrating the Red, White, and Blue Part I, click HERE)

I do hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Memorial Day Holiday!
And to those that served, or have family that served,
a big, warm THANKS for your service
 in protecting our freedom and our country!



So, moving forward, I have a little project to share I recently completed.



I think I paid $10.00 for the bench, at an auction.
It had layers and layers of cruddy fabric underneath the JD layer.
But that didn't deter my dreams for the beauty this piece could be! :)

Do you ever feel like you really need a bath after recovering some pieces??? Ha!




I painted the frame Satin Black,
and covered the cushion with a stain repellent frenchy looking yellowish fabric.




The fabric has a more yellow hue than appears in the photos.







Tagged and ready for sale in my junk booth!

Sure hope it finds a good home, soon! :)



__________________________________

Linking Post To:
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style
Share Your Creations @ Kristen's Creations
Inspiration Friday @ At the Picket Fence
Vintage Inspiration @ Common Ground
Feathered Nest Friday @ French County Cottage
Fridays Unfolded @ Stuff and Nonsense

13 comments:

  1. Rhonda:

    Your bench is adorable! The price was a steal too, love the fabric that you chose. Wish I lived closer, I would buy it.

    Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is your bench! It's come a long way from the John Deere bench it was and you should be proud of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an amazing job with that. I finally got my new desktop so finally pinned your coconut dream cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful redo! I love the fabric. Now following, would love for you to visit and follow me too :)

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rhonda! Oh, your little stool looks wonderful. What pretty fabric and the new paint job just made it gorgeous. I'm sure it won't last long!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only you can see the beauty in a John Deere bench and make it truly elegant. Love it. Wish I spoke French so I knew what the words said too. :)
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that stool! Your transformation was just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure it's gone by now! Such a pretty transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You totally transformed this bench. I know someone will buy it very quickly from your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! I'll bet the yellow looks great with the black. I have the same fabric but with the grey background. I know what you mean about sometimes feeling you need to take a shower after touching these things. : ) Great makeover!

    visiting from WUW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cute! That bench could find a home anywhere (like in my house).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! The fabric is wonderful and I always love black.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete

~Thanks for stopping in, and for letting me know you were here! I enjoy your comments! :) ~

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS