Good Deal??? Not so much!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

As much as I love thriftin',
there are times, what I think is a super deal,
isn't so much of one when I get home and do a little research.


Case in point...
The fruit motif lamp.
Paid $10.00 for it at the Habitat for Humanity Thrift Store.
Needed fresh paint and a lamp shade.
A day later, I saw one very similar at Home Goods,
for $29.99 -- brand new, with a lamp shade included.
Unfortunately, my Good Deal, wasn't so much of a good deal, after I paint and add a shade.

Oh well, you lose a few, but win many --- in thriftin', that is! :)

The ivory vintage metal wall lamps were a Habitat For Humanity find, as well.

More Recent Finds...

Below, glasses and vases found at the Salvation Army and Domestic Violence Benefit Thrift Store.

And a great large Italian Pottery piece for $1.50.

Much better deal!


So, for those of you that also thrift...find anything interesting this week???


Linking up to:
Thrifty Treasures, by Rhoda, at Southern Hospitality Blog

5 comments:

  1. I have had a few instances where I thought I got a good deal only to look my items up on Ebay & find them for much less! Ugh. Oh well, the good deals outweigh the bad! Check out my latest post to see some of my recent Goodwill treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you hate that when that happens. I do that sometimes thinking I'm getting a fabulous deal on fabric and then go to the other store where it's on sale even cheaper! Hate that. Oh well, for the most part you seem to come out ahead. You find such unique and fun things too. Hope you're having a good day today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing Rhonda. So many times I am excited about finding the perfect thing, and find it needs painting or buttons or hinges or something. I love all of your cool finds though. Recently I found a blue and white sugar bowl with a chip on the side. To me it was so pretty it was worth the $1.50 I paid. I will soon blog about what I did with it. Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry that you think you hacve a miss. I did find a few things garage sale-ing this weeks. But not much...better luck next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The difference is that your money goes to helping people through Habitat for Humanity, making the not completely thrifty find a good deed.

    ReplyDelete

~Thanks for stopping in, and for letting me know you were here! I enjoy your comments! :) ~

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS